International Financial Crises
- "Can Advanced Nations Return to Rapid Growth and the World Avoid a New Global Financial Crisis?" The Swiss Technical Analysis Journal, Autumn 2016, pp. 7-9.
- “Exchange Rate Misalignments and the Present the International Monetary System, Journal of Policy Modeling, July/August 2012, 594-604.
- “The Global Financial Crisis: Predictions, Causes, Effects, Reforms and Prospects,” Journal of Economic Asymmetries, December 2010, pp. 1-20.
- “The Financial Crisis: Causes, Effects, Policies and Prospects,” Journal of Politics and Society, Winter 2010, pp. 6-16.
- “The Financial Crisis in East Asia – Then and Now,” East Asia Law Journal, Co-author. Fall 2010.
- “Structural Imbalances and Global Monetary Stability,” Economia Politica, December 2008, pp. 429-441.
- “U.S. Trade Deficits, the Dollar and International Monetary Stability,” Journal of Policy Modeling,” May 2007.
- “Twin Deficits in the G-7 Countries and Stuctural Imbalances,” Journal of Policy Modeling, August 2006, pp. 701-710.
- “Currency Misalignments and Trade Asymmetries among Major Economic Areas,” Journal of Economic Asymmetries, No. 1, Vol. 2, 2005, pp.1-25.
- “Robustness of Forecasting Financial Crises in Emerging Market Economies with Data Revisions,” Open Economies Review, April 2005, pp. 205-212.
- “Forecasting Financial Crises in Emerging Market Economies,” Open Economies Review, July 2000, pp. 247-260. Co-Author.
- “Could the Financial Crisis in South-East Asia Have Been Predicted?" Journal of Policy Modeling, May 1999, pp. 341-348.
- "Introduction to Symposium on 'What Have We Learned from the Financial Crisis in South-East Asia?" Journal of Policy Modeling, May 1999, pp. 283-288.
- "Capital Flows, Current Account Deficits, and Financial Crises in Emerging Market Economies," International Trade Journal, Spring 1998, pp. 5-22.
- “The Economic Performance of Small Versus Large Nations,” Development and International Cooperation, December 1997, pp. 21-42.
Contributions to Books:
- “Will the United States Resume Rapid Growth after the Crisis?” in Recovery after the Crisis, L. Paganetto, ed., (Saarbruchen: Verlag, 2011), pp. 19-28.
- “Recovery After the Crisis: Conclusions and Recommendations from Mondragone XXII Conference,” in Fast Book: Conclusions and Recommendations for Fast Recovery and Rapid Growth, L. Paganetto, ed., (New York: McGraw-Hill, 2011), Chapter 1, pp. 19-28.
- “The Financial Crisis,” in L. Paganetto, ed., Global Crisis and Long-Term Growth, Chapter 1, McGraw-Hill, 2010, pp. 1-12.
- “Global Imbalances” in The Princeton Encyclopedia of Economics of the World Economy (Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press, 2008), pp. 536-541.
- “Currency Misalignments and Trade Asymmetries among Major Economic Areas,” in Global Divergence in Trade, Money and Policy, V. Alexander and H.-H. Kotz, eds., (Glos, UK: Edward Elgar, 2006), pp. 1-19.
- “Euroization, Dollarization and the International Monetary System,” in The Euro and Dollarization: Forms of Monetary Union in Integrating Regions, G. von Furstenberg, ed. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2004), pp. 27-40.
- “Problems and Reforms of the International Monetary System,” in Assembling a New Financial Architecture: The Deeper Challenges, M. Fratianni, P. Savona, and J. Kirton, eds. (Aldershot, Hempshire, UK: Ashgate, 2002), pp. 103-115.
- "The East Asian Crisis," in Fordham University Finance, Securities, and Tax Law Forum, S. Smith, Editor, ed. (New York: Fordham University, Dec. 1998), pp. 12-29.