Economic Integration and Restructuring
- "Simulating Some of the Administration's Proposed Trade Policies," Journal of Policy Modeling, May June 2018 (forthcoming).
- "Europe's Growth Crisis: When and How Will It End?" The World Economy, May 2017, pp. 836-848.
- "Capturing the Effects of Changing Capital Intensity on Long-Term Growth in Developing Countries," Co-Author, Journal of Policy Modeling, July/August 2016, pp. 759-765.
- “Economic Effects of NAFTA on Mexico- An Update,” CESifo Forum, December 2010, pp. 637-647.
- “Can NAFTA Be a Steppingstone to Monetary Integration in North America,” Economie Internationale, Spring 2007, pp. 135-147.
- “ Economic Effects of NAFTA on Mexico,” Global Economic Journal, February 2007, pp. 1-12.
- “Restructuring and Exchange Rates in Transition Economies, Journal of Policy Modeling, October 2004, pp. 889-902.
- “The EU’s Eastern Enlargement,” Empirica, July 2001, pp. 137-157.
- “A Test of the Superiority of Large Firms as Institutions to Reduce Risks,” Zeitschrift fur Betriebswirtschaft, April 2000, pp. 453-469. Co-Author.
- "Privileged Interfirm/Bank Relationships in Central Europe: Trigger or Trap for Corporate Governance?” CASE, No. 170, Fall 1999, pp. 1-32. Co-Author.
- “Financial Restructuring and Bank Privatization in Central European Transition Economies,” Oesteuropa-Wirtschaft, September 1999, pp. 284-297. Co-Author.
- "Capacity Building and Institutional Development in Central European Transition Countries," European Management Journal, August 1998, pp. 431-446. Co-author.
- "Welfare Effects of the North American Free Trade Agreement," with Lawrence Klein, Journal of Policy Modeling, Spring 1995, 163-176.
Contributions to Books:
- "Global Implications of U.S. Trade Policies for Reducing Structural Trade Imbalances",” in L. Paganetto, ed., Getting Globalization Right. Sustainability and Inclusive Growth in the Post Brexit Age (Springer, 2018), forthoming.
- "Globalization, Growth, Trade, Inequality and Poverty," in V. Scotti and L. Paganetto eds. Globalization, Inclusion and Sustainability in a Global Century (Rome Link University Press, Spring 2018), forthcoming.
- "Trade Policy and Internationalization," Chapter 9, in P. Morone ed., Knowledge, Innovation and Internationalization (Routledge, 2013), Chapter 7, pp. 77-89.
- “Cyclical Policies, Structural Imbalances, and Growth of the U.S. Economy,” in L. Paganetto, ed., Public Debt, Global Governance and Economic Dynamism (Springer, 2013), Chapter 3, pp. 39-51.
- “Structural Imbalances and Growth Prospects for the World Economy after the Global Financial Crisis,” in M. Gasparri, G. Quagliariello, and M. Sacconi, eds., Ethics and Growth in the Global Financial Crisis (Siena: Cantagalli, 2013), pp. 45-63.
- “EU Trade and Investment Relations with Emerging Markets,” in EU and Emerging Markets, G. Tondl Ed. (Vienna: University of Vienna, 2009), pp. 1-17.
- “Globalization, International Competitiveness, the New Economy and Growth” in Financial Markets, the New Economy and Growth, Burlington, L. Paganetto, ed., (Vermont: Ashgate, 2005), pp. 25-41.
- “Narrowing the Structural Gap in Transition Economics”, in Eastern Enlargement: The Sooner the Better? S. Arndt, H. Handler and D. Salvatore, eds. (Vienna: Ministry of Economics and Labor, 2001), pp. 30-57.
- “The Economic Performance of Small and Large Nations,” in Small States: Challenges and Opportunities, in D. Salvatore and M. Svetlovic, eds. (London: Macmillan, 1999), Chapter 2 (pp. 71-92).
- "A Two-Sector, Two-Goods Model of Growth and Migration, and the Gini Coefficient," in Aspects of Distribution Income, F. Haslinger and O.Stonner-Venkatarama, eds. (Marburg: Metrolpolis Verlag, 1998), pp. 123-131. Coauthor.
- "Specialization and Comparative Advantage of Eastern European Nations," in Trade and Payments in Central and Eastern Europe's Transforming Economies, L. Orlowski and D. Salvatore, eds. (Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 1997), pp. 4-18. Co-author.